Tuesday, February 26, 2008

NewEgg Lost Me As A Customer.

NewEgg officially stinks. After refusing to give me any restocking fee / return shipping credit on my order, I decided it wasn't worth it to send the board back, I mean let's look at it here;

-$35 <- What I paid for the board.
-$6 <- shipping I paid for board.
-$5.25 <- Restocking fee.
-$10.00 <- Return shipping fee

+$29.75 <- What they would refund me (after restocking fee).
-$10.00 <- Subtract the return shipping fee
--------
$19.75

In the end, I would get back $19.75 of what I paid. In the end, that $19.75 is a mere 38% of what I had to pay to get a defective board.

After buying all of my computer parts from them for the past several years, they can be damn sure never to get another dollar off of me. Why should I have to pay a return shipping fee, and have them deduct a restocking fee for a defective motherboard? I would totally understand it if I just didn't want the motherboard, but the board was defective.

The person I spoke to on the phone from NewEgg told me that next time I shouldn't buy open box products. I told him, even though he probably could care less, that next time I wouldn't buy any Newegg products.

I ordered my eeePC from Amazon.com. Never again will I piss around with NewEgg. I will go to their site to read reviews on products, but I will order from other companies.