Saturday, March 1, 2008

I Love My eeePC.

I am typing this from Windows XP.. on my new eeePC I received a couple days ago from Amazon. I really must say that this thing is the most innovative computer I have used in the past ten years. I love everything about it; the same size, the SSD, the trackpad (it's very small, yet it's very accurate compared to the ones I have used in the recent past).

The only problem I have is not the small 4gb of storage space (I installed Windows XP gutted with nLite, and have plenty of space for MS Office, Firefox, Python, Java, etc.), but the small keyboard. The keyboard itself feels excellent; I am just so used to using normal keyboards that I have been hitting the wrong keys. It's been driving me nuts, because instead of typing a's, I have been typing s's, and instead of pressing Shift, I press the up arrow. I guess it will just take some time for me to get used to the keyboard. But other than that small issue, I absolutely love my new eeePC.