Friday, February 8, 2008

Newegg Sucks Again [Rant]

Okay, so the weekend is here and instead of playing around with my new AMD Athlon 64 LE-1620 and XFCE, I am just screwing around with my laptop. I sent NewEgg an email yesterday, but they didn't respond. I wanted to ask them about getting a shipping discount for a new motherboard, and also ask them about the restocking fee.

I decided to call NewEgg up and ask them about it because I really wanted to order another motherboard (specifically, the ASRock ALIVENF6G-VSTA AM2 because of its Micro-ATX form factor, four memory slots, and the fact that it doesn't require a 24-pin power supply [I have a very small micro-atx case with a 20-pin power supply I wanted to use]). Newegg responded by telling me that I would have to wait until they received the old motherboard back before and could test the board before they would consider giving me a shipping discount. I told him I kind of did not want to wait a week before getting a shipping discount, and then wait another couple of days for the board to arrive, but he didn't seem to care. I told him that he could look at my order history and see I spend a lot of money there, but again he didn't seem to care.

I was kinda pissed off.

I got off the phone, went to Newegg and ordered the above board (It's crazy; a week ago this board was $49.99, then it went up to $52.99, and now its $59.99 with free three day shipping). I ordered the board, and NewEgg shipped it today; the only problem was instead of shipping it UPS Three Day, they shipped it UPS Ground.

I fucking hate this. It's always a gamble when I buy shit from NewEgg and its "Free Three Day Shipping". When the packages come from California, it's always three day shipping, but when the packages come from New Jersey, 85% of the time, they ship it Ground. Now, it is only a 380 mile distance, but why the hell does NewEgg say free three day shipping, and then ship it UPS Ground?

Three Day Shipping is a lot faster than Ground, even if its only a mere 400 miles. Trust me. About a year ago, I made a couple of orders from NewEgg in the same day. One order was a CPU and some RAM, and another order was for a heatsink / fan. The CPU / RAM was shipped Ground, and the fan was shipped Three Day.

I got the fan 2 days later. I got the CPU and RAM, about 4 days later. There is a difference. When I order parts, and they ship from New Jersey and they are shipped Ground, they fucking sit in Parsippany New Jersey for an extra day or two. When I order parts and they are shipped Three Days, the parts are in Parsippany for like eight hours.

I'm wondering if I should even ship the piece of shit Gigabyte board back to NewEgg. Chances are, I'm only going to get $27 after I return the board [After paying $46 (with shipping) and paying to have it shipped back to them, and have them charge me a fucking 15% restocking fee).

I think Newegg has lost me as a customer. I'm going to try someone else next time I need computer parts.